Ochoco National Forest Map - OR
Located in Central Oregon, the Ochoco National Forest is part of the former Blue Mountain Forest Reserve. President Theodore Roosevelt established the reserve in 1906. Being too large to administer as one unit, the reserve was divided into four units in 1908. These units were named the Deschutes, Malheur, Whitman and Umatilla National Forests. The Ochoco National Forest was created in 1911 from portions of the Malheur and Deschutes National Forests, bringing the Forest to is present size of approximately 851,095 acres.