Interested in working at Metsker Maps? We're often looking for new geography enthusiasts to join our crew!
If the jobe description below sounds like you, send us your resume and we'll let you know when the next opening becomes available.
Charles Metsker started mapping the Pacific NW in the early 1900s and the name lives on as a retail map store in the heart of downtown in the Pike Place Market. We love to help people plan their next adventure, decorate their walls, or commemorate their trip to Seattle. And we never get tired of hearing (many times a day), “this is the best store ever!” We’re looking for a rockstar part-time sales associate to join our awesome team.
About the Job
If you love geography and customer service, this may be the job for you! We’re looking for someone who can:
- Help customers figure out which maps or products best suit their needs
- Process in-store, web and phone orders
- Check in inventory
- Help with packaging and shipping orders
- Take ownership of a few vendors to place orders and make purchasing and restocking decisions
- Restock and tidy up as needed
Who You Are
- Passionate about maps and/or geography and customer service
- Motivated self-starter
- A multi-tasker and detail-oriented (it’s easy to get distracted here!)
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and a team player
- Willing to learn on the job and ask questions
- Available some weekend days
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift heavy objects
- Point-of-Sale experience
- Experience in a bookstore or souvenir shop
- Purchasing experience
- E-commerce experience
- Geographic familiarity with Seattle and the PNW
This is a great fit for people who want to be around maps and really enjoy customer service. We offer $18.69 an hour to start, an ORCA card, paid sick days, an employee discount and a discount at Market businesses, and a fun group of coworkers.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume and a short paragraph about why you're interested in the job to email@example.com.